Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Encouragement for those sore muscles!


Whew! I'm SORE and TIRED! We worked hard on the chicken coop yesterday - erected the walls and the roof trusses. Rain is in the forecast. We hoped to get the roof on before the rains come, but we're not going to make it. We will put a tarp over the whole building and secure as best we can.


I felt some better after reading Proverbs 6:6-11 in my quiet time this a.m.:


6 cGo to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise,

7 Which, having no 4captain, Overseer or ruler,

8 Provides her 5supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest.

9 dHow long will you 6slumber, O sluggard? When will you rise from your sleep?

10 A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep—

11 eSo shall your poverty come on you like a prowler, And your need like an armed man.


We definitely were NOT lazy yesterday and look forward to reaping the benefits from this hard work in some lovely fresh eggs! I must admit, I'm not sad about the rain slowing us down a bit to allow some recovery.

I'll add a link for the devotional reading that I'm using these days. I've subscribed to John MacArthur's website so that the day's reading is in my email waiting for me each morning. Works great for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment