Monday, February 7, 2011

Signs of SPRING!

I noticed a new development in one of the flower beds a week or so ago.

The flower beds are very brown and have been since before Thanksgiving, except for the monkey grass that looks more wilted than brown. Can you see it - the green specks on the ground in front of the monkey grass?

Here's a close up!

I think it's daffodils! I'm absolutely delighted! I've had daffodils once before and loved the instant cheer from seeing those blooms amid the winter dreariness. We wanted to live in a four season world and we most definitely have that. The phrase 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' comes to mind. When living in South Texas, at least some floral interest could be found even in the dead of winter. So could the mosquitoes. Spring didn't bring as drastic a change as in other parts of the country.

With the several months of brisk to downright bone chilling days, the warmth of spring looms ahead and we'll be so happy to see it come!

Now to hit the books on gardening. I think I'm behind on some things that are supposed to be done in the pre-emergent time frame!

No comments:

Post a Comment